lovely lemons

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I have been following this blog for quite a while and she has been blogging about lemons and lemon curd quite a bit lately and I just got so curious that I had to make it myself! So I made the lemon curd and then I found a lemon cake recipe that she had posted about as well.
Here was the finished result. I decided to make it into cupcakes instead of baking it in a bread pan like it suggested. One, because I love cupcakes and two because I was too lazy to grease the bread pans. I used the lemon curd instead of the lemon glaze and I made a huckleberry sauce to go on top along with some homemade whipped cream. It was a bit tasty and I am excited to use the leftover curd for crepes. If I made it again I would make it in the bread pans or in a bunt cake.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had fun with these recipes! Love the berry sauce...

    Make sure you make the glaze next time. It adds a lot of kick to the cake. You can also use those mini loaf pans too...just lower the baking time quite a bit.

    Love the cupcake idea! Now you have my mind spinning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, we are going into buisness! Grandpa said their would be a place to put a cupcake shop next to his store, where curves used to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome! I had this amazing idea of making a lemon chiffon cake topped with a disk of white chocolate and topped with strawberries! Can you see the imagery? Beautiful cake

    ReplyDelete

The daily bucket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger