Our Suprise Night out!

Monday, March 7, 2011

shushudessert

We got all dressed up for the night (I listened to Beyonce just like I use to when I would get ready for a date) Then we headed off to Berkeley. The whole way there Alden tried to guess what we were doing. Thats fun. I love keeping people out of the loop, hanging in suspense! mwaaa!

Alden was grinning from EAR to EAR when he figured out that we were going to sushi. Yay, mission accomplished. I got a coupon off of groupon (remember groupon? Ohhhh ya) $30 of sushi for only $15! Even if you aren't the biggest fan of sushi (thats me) you can't resist a deal like that, especially for your husband who LOVES it. It makes him happy and reminds him of his dad. So I thought it would be the perfect surprise date! I am new to sea food..."Hi slimy raw piece of eel on top of sea weed and rice, how are you?"... But of course being a good wify and having a desire to appreciate the finer things in life I indulge. I have to be quick though, because sushi has a way of making my gag reflexes go... I'm not making you sick am I?.... Anyway, short story short, sushi and I are off to a slow rough start but the future looks bright.

The best part of planning surprise dates is that you can also plan surprise desserts! At a French resturaunt... where you order the dessert platter (4 pieces!) to make up for the sushi. Ah ha! Perfect night. Voila!

1 comment:

  1. I love groupon! Daniel and I just bought a coupon for a restaurant in Honolulu worth 60 bucks in food but we only paid 20 bucks for it. :) We haven't gone yet, but I'm excited to!

    ReplyDelete

The daily bucket All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger